Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 pm 
Welterweight

Pacquiao vs McGregor would be one of the highest grosser in the history of boxing. If that happens, the only unique record of Mayweather which is the "highest grosser of all time" would be at risk of being overtaken by the Living Legend.

Mayweather's unique record of highest unbeaten streak (*without a draw) has just recently been broken by the Thai boxer named Wanheng "TBE" Menayothin. I just followed the definition of Floydie that if you have the highest unbeaten record (w/out draw) in boxing you are already the greatest. Hence, my calling of Menayothin as the "TBE".

Another record of Mayweather that was broken by Pacman was the one who beaten the most champions.

By the way, to make the Pac-Mc the highest grosser of all time the promoter just need to make this fight @$30 per PPV as against the Pacquiao v. Mayweather which was sold @100 per PPV. If they do it this Covid-19 time it will overtake the highest record of Pacquiao v. Mayweather that sold 4.6million PPV buys!

I believe if they price the fight even @US$25 there would be a buy of at most 6-7million PPV buys just in the UK and in the Philippines.

As sidenote, I believe CIGNAL would be happy with this fight because they can sell a Pacquiao fight @P400 only per household.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:24 pm 
Lightweight

WOW... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:44 pm 
Welterweight

There is no one that could stop this fight!!

Paradigm Promotion will be handling this superfight.

Since PPV records are recorded in history "on buys" (not on sales), if they sell the fight @ just US$25 or US$30, this would highly likely break the 4.6M PPV Buys that the Pacquiao-Mayweather got. And it might not be broken in the next decade.

No one else in the boxing world is as draw as Manny Pacquiao today, and nothing as great PPV buyers than the UK fans.

The low pricing of this fight would surely prevent piracy on Facebook on fight night---wordwide.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDw00knlVWc