Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: U should retire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:46 am 
Heavyweight

King you need to stop boxing and find other profession before u lose ur life in the ring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:43 am 
Welterweight

yeahh,man i agree!!!!hang that gloves!!1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:46 am 
Middleweight

Become a trainer.

Post subject: JUSTICE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:13 pm 
Welterweight

You will never get an argument from anyone if you say Luisito Espinosa should retire. But, we should all remember the grave injustice done to him.

May this new forum serve as a candle for his search for justice. If those slimeballs can do that to a prominent Filipino sportsman, they can do that to any unknown Filipino.

Luisito will be remembered as a two division champion in two different decades. I hope I will see his name on the boxing hall of fame in my lifetime.

' Money you can make and money you can lose. But history you can't erase" - Bernard Hopkins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

just give back to Luisito what is due to him....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

I understand that Louie need to continue fighting in order for him to maintain his legal status in the United States, but my corcern is what happen if he get hurt in the ring? you should retired Louie, Gov. Pinol is trying help you funraising to help your court battle against Rod Nasario and hopefully this funraising be successful!

Last edited by CHAMP on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:52 pm 
Flyweight

Is he fighting again? when and who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:22 pm 
Middleweight

Lindol ur ring exploits would always be remembered. It's time to retire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:37 pm 
Welterweight

louie fight if you want to still fight fight tapia its a winnable fight, safe fight, will attract audience, and enough money to retire....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:42 pm 
Welterweight

I think it's time to hang his gloves, find a decent job and settle things on his case againts th "BS" and his family...

If it wasnt for this putrefy justice we have :banghead: ... Poor Lindol...
:cry:

:peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:24 am 
Middleweight

You can't really blame Louie. He's not just doing it for the money but for the green card. If he retires he'll have to go home to the Phils. People would kill just to come to the US. I just don't know why it's taking so long for the green card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:23 am 
Cruiserweight

tonyastro wrote:
You can't really blame Louie. He's not just doing it for the money but for the green card. If he retires he'll have to go home to the Phils. People would kill just to come to the US. I just don't know why it's taking so long for the green card.
I dont know who's holding Louie green card, I think he need to ask Michael Gurfinkel for that matter because it's been a long time until now still waiting for the green card he need to have that so he can move on and process his legal documents like social security card in order for him to find job and work in the United States good luck Louie! .Mabuhay ka "tonyastro"

Last edited by CHAMP on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:42 am 
Cruiserweight

bugbugan wrote:
Is he fighting again? when and who?
Bro. I think this is good for Louie no need to fight he can have some money without getting hurt, Here the complete info. Mabuhay ka "bugbugan"

All set for Espinosa fund raiser

Fight for Love, a boxing card aimed at raising funds for former world champion Luisito Espinosa is all set to be staged in Manila on Oct. 22 with two Philippine championship fitghts as the main events.

Manila Mayor Lito Atienza, who has vowed to support the big boxing event, said the city will exempt the boxing card from amusements taxes since ticket proceeds will be given to Espinosa to support his court battle against a boxing promoter who failed to pay him his purse in a 1997 championship bout totalling $150,000.

Atienza said the use of the fully-airconditioned San Andres Gym in San Andres, Manila will also be for free.

Espinosa, son of former boxer Dio Espinosa, is a native of Manila growing up in the squatters' area of Tondo before his family moved to the outstkirts of the city when they were able to build a home for themselves.

When he was world champion, he took pride in being called a "Tondo Boy."

Topbilling the card are the championship bouts between Philippine lightweight champion Fernando Montilla of Manila and challenger Dexter Delada of Cebu City and the Philippine junior bantamweight champion Eric Barcelona of Valencia, Bukidnon and No. 1 contender Bernarbe Concepcion of Rizal Province.

Upcoming fighters from Mindanao and the Visayas are also expected to see action. Glen Porras, No. 7 jr. bantamweight, Tommy Terado No. 10 miniflyweight and No. 11 junior flyweight Dennis Juntillano will see action in eight round bouts along with fellow Braveheart Boxing Club members Ervin Dapudong and Rex Penalosa. All of them will be fighting in Manila for the first time.

Outstanding boxers Joel Alcos of Davao City, Benedict Suico and Pingping Tepora of Cebu City will also appear in the supporting bouts.

North Cotabato Governor Manny Pinol, who is spearheading the project, said all ticket sales will go to Luisito Espinosa. The former world champion, who once was the toast of the whole Philippines, has lately been stopped by the California Boxing Commission from fighting again following four straight knockout losses.

Espinosa is now fighting a lonely battle to collect his purse from a 1997 defense of his world featherweight title against Argentina's Carlos Rios in Koronadal, South Cotabato amounting to about P7-M. A suit which he filed against promoter Rod Nazario is pending before a Manila court.

Supporting Gov. Pinol in the project are Espinosa's former manager, Hermie Rivera, journalist Recah Trinidad and Immigration Commissioner Al Fernandez.

"We should not abandon our boxing heros. They deserve our support and our love in the twilight of their career," said Gov. Pinol.

The Oct. 22 card will be televised live nationwide.

September 16, 2005

Last edited by CHAMP on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:43 am 
Cruiserweight

Hopefully Louie overcome his problem, Mabuhay ka!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:25 am 
Cruiserweight

yr right its time for king louie to hang them up